About ST mary’s school of Nursing
All our institution are run by kammanahalli st mary educational society banglore-49, which was established in the year 1994. ST mary’s school of Nursing was established in the year 1998 and recognized by Indian Nursing Council, Karnataka state Nursing council and Govt of Karnataka. ST MARY SCHOOL OF NURSING is one of the most popular nursing Institution in Bangalore. It has a reputation for excellent academic performance, clinical knowledge and leadership ability of its students.
The Vision of kammanahalli saint mary educational society is to establish Education institution that would create a skilled workforce for life healthcare and the healthcare industry in order to provide cost effective, quality and competent
The mission of kammanahalli saint mary educational society is provide cutting edge career oriented academic programs in a supportive and stimulating environment for the intellectual and ethical growth of a diverse students community. Our institution takes pride in its unwavering commitment to their values: Excellence, Sensitivity to students and a Spirit of Community.
B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) Course
This programme of study leads to a 4 years degree course offered by Rajiv Gandhi University of health Science, Bangalore
This is a 4 Year graduate study program with major emphasis on Clinical Training. This is a degree level course for Students who are serious about pursuing a rewarding career in nursing Profession. This program apart from imparting knowledge and skills in nursing, equips students with administrative and supervisory skills, thus preparing them for administrative positions in health care industry.
The Students are sent to highly specialized Hospitals for the clinical experience, where they undergo extensive practical training and exposure in the best Hospitals, enabling them to be prepared with exposure to the latest Equipments, Technology and Knowledge. Students. They are also enriched intellectually with wide range of academic activities and field trips to Water Purification Plants, and Sewage Treatment Plants which forms a part of Community Health Care.
DURATION: 4 YEAR
Affiliations: Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)
A candidate seeking admission to this course:
- Should have passed the two-year pre-university examination conducted by the Pre-Education Board in the State of Karnataka or other examination considered as equivalent thereto by the Rajiv Gandhi University of health Sciences (RGUHS), and have scored not less than 45%s of marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
In respect of candidate belonging to SC/ST Category, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together in qualifying examination should be not less than 40% instead of 45% as above.
- Should be female, and of good health and good moral character.
- Should have completed 17 years of age.
- Should have, if Religious Sisters, completed one year after their first religious profession, and should not be beyond 35 years of age.
The subjects covered during the course include Anatomy, Physiology, Basic Principles & Practice of Nursing, Sociology, Psychology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry and introduction to Gynaecological Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Trends & issues in Nursing, Nursing Research & Statistics
and Management of Nursing Services & Education.
Eligibility for Admission to Examination:
- Students should complete eleven months of that particular academic year for which
she/he appearing for the examination.
- Students should have 75% of attendance in Theory and practical separately.
- Students should obtain satisfactory work/Character certificate from the principal.
- Students must obtain at least 50% of marks in
- Students Must obtain at least 50% of marks in internal assessment in the subject for
which the student is appearing for board examination.
- The procedure record book has to be completed and got signed by the consent
- If a students fails in only one theory or practical she/he will be allowed to proceed to
the next year of study or other wise the student will remain in the year of study